Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > trapping a manual close signal

trapping a manual close signal

paul.shepherd@virgin.net

Hi

i have a simple file transfer script that moves files between
different directories continuously on a loop. It runs as a dos
console on the server. Trouble is I want to somehow trap the manual
shut down of it when one of my support guys hits the X or goes to
close. I want to trap this and log it. That way i know it was shut
down and didn't crash.

Any ideas how?

ta