Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird Master Security with Hardware Keys?

Thunderbird Master Security with Hardware Keys?

Julian Knight

Hi all,

Does anyone know if I can use a hardware token (a USB based iKey 2032) instead
of the software encryption for encrypting the stored passwords for my accounts
in Thunderbird? I've got the key added to the list of supported devices and I
can see the appropriate certificate I want to use but switching on the security
for the password list just seems to use the built in software encryption.

Thanks,
--
Julian Knight, http://www.knightnet.org.uk/
Sheffield, United Kingdom