Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Problem with Perl extensions

Problem with Perl extensions

Lukasz Odulinski

Hi
I'm trying to set up otrs on windows small businness server on IIS
6.0.
When I set perl.exe for .pl extension in IIS manager I see login
screen but when I try to login I get cgi error The specified CGI
application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP
headers.

I've changed perl.exe to perlis.dll for .pl extension and then browser
has returned html source instead of rendering it.

I've also tried the 3rd method perlEx30.dll and the browser rendered
good html page but it don't stop. The progress bar on the bottom of
firefox shows that page hasn't been downloaded fully yet. After a
while I get error about connection reset.

A. Sinan Unur

"Lukasz Odulinski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> Hi
> I'm trying to set up otrs on windows small businness server on IIS
> 6.0.
> When I set perl.exe for .pl extension in IIS manager I see login
> screen but when I try to login I get cgi error The specified CGI
> application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP
> headers.
>
> I've changed perl.exe to perlis.dll for .pl extension and then browser
> has returned html source instead of rendering it.
>
> I've also tried the 3rd method perlEx30.dll and the browser rendered
> good html page but it don't stop. The progress bar on the bottom of
> firefox shows that page hasn't been downloaded fully yet. After a
> while I get error about connection reset.

This is not a Perl question but rather a question regarding how to
configure the particular web server you have chosen.

As such, you would stand to benefit more by posting the question on a group
which deals with IIS.

You might also want to read the posting guidelines for comp.lang.perl.misc
(they are posted here regularly).

Sinan