Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Running Perl/CGI scripts in Tomcat server

Running Perl/CGI scripts in Tomcat server

kath

Hi,

I have problem running my cgi scripts under Apache Tomcat server. I am
using Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 on WinXP. I followed the instruction tips I
found out at

http://www.wellho.net/forum/Perl-Pro...he-Tomcat.html

http://www.ftponline.com/javapro/200..._03/page2.aspx

but still I could not get the scripts running.

I get HTTP status 404 error.

The directory structure I have is (Please ignore the line break)
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps
\examples #
this is folder I created it
\WEB-INF #
this is folder I created it
\cgi
# this is folder I created it
------> script1.cgi
------> script2.cgi

The script runs perfectly on Apache HTTPD server. Can any one tell me
clearly what needs to be done to get my script running.

Thank you,
Regards,
kath

kath

On Feb 20, 8:29 am, "kath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem running my cgi scripts under Apache Tomcat server. I am
> using Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 on WinXP. I followed the instruction tips I
> found out at
>
> http://www.wellho.net/forum/Perl-Pro...rl-CGI-scripts...
>
> http://www.ftponline.com/javapro/200...den_03_18_03/p...
>
> but still I could not get the scripts running.
>
> I get HTTP status 404 error.
>
> The directory structure I have is (Please ignore the line break)
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps
> \examples #
> this is folder I created it
> \WEB-INF #
> this is folder I created it
> \cgi
> # this is folder I created it
> ------> script1.cgi
> ------> script2.cgi
>
> The script runs perfectly on Apache HTTPD server. Can any one tell me
> clearly what needs to be done to get my script running.
>
> Thank you,
> Regards,
> kath

Well! I got the mistake I was doing. I was keeping the \cgi\*.cgi in
examples\WEB-INF\cgi\*.cgi under webapps folder.

But server was looking under \webpps\ROOT\.. . So I kept the \cgi
\*.cgi under
\webapps\ROOT\

Thanks for the reply Sherm.

Thank you,