Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How can I deserialize data with Perl serialized with Java?

How can I deserialize data with Perl serialized with Java?

Mr P

Our Java team (you know the language- the one that needs 3000 lines
and 25 classes to say HELLO WORLD), using tomcat, has stored some page
results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB, serialized. I can fetch the blob
into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
unsucessful.

After researching Perl Data::Serializer , I sent the JAVA the 8 types
of supported serialized data. The Java guy said he had no idea which
would apply. I've been trying all of them with either errors, or no
data returned. I also tried deserialize_raw() which results in:

Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
Data::Serializer:ata:umper::SCALAR() is deprecated at (eval
[blib/lib/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper.pm (autosplit into blib/lib/auto/
Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/deserialize.al):98] line 1.
Data::Serializer error: Can't locate auto/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/
SCALAR.al in @INC

Googling for SCALAR.al produces nada. (What *is* a .al file anyhow?)

Anyhow, what looked simple has basically turned into a PITA. Advice is
appreciated and most certain NOT deprecated !

Gracias and Happy Friday,
MP

Mr P

On Feb 16, 9:20 am, "Mr P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Our Java team (you know the language- the one that needs 3000 lines
> and 25 classes to say HELLO WORLD), using tomcat, has stored some page
> results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB,serialized. I can fetch the blob
> into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
> unsucessful.
>
> After researching Perl Data::Serializer , I sent the JAVA the 8 types
> of supportedserializeddata. The Java guy said he had no idea which
> would apply. I've been trying all of them with either errors, or no
> data returned. I also tried deserialize_raw() which results in:
>
> Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
> Data::Serializer:ata:umper::SCALAR() is deprecated at (eval
> [blib/lib/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper.pm (autosplit into blib/lib/auto/
> Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/deserialize.al):98] line 1.
> Data::Serializer error: Can't locate auto/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/
> SCALAR.al in @INC
>
> Googling for SCALAR.al produces nada. (What *is* a .al file anyhow?)
>
> Anyhow, what looked simple has basically turned into a PITA. Advice is
> appreciated and most certain NOT deprecated !
>
> Gracias and Happy Friday,
> MP

.... still ciphering on this. I did find a Perl module that sorta
looked like it would do what I need: Java::IO::ObjectInputStream ,
but it's not in CPAN.

Could unpack be helpful with this?

MP

A. Sinan Unur

"Mr P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> On Feb 16, 9:20 am, "Mr P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Our Java team (you know the language- the one that needs 3000 lines
>> and 25 classes to say HELLO WORLD), using tomcat, has stored some
>> page results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB,serialized. I can fetch the
>> blob into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
>> unsucessful.

I haven't written Java in a long time. However, once reasonable solution,
it seems to me, would be to make use of the Java classes themselves to de-
serialize the data.

To that end, http://search.cpan.org/~rusekd/Java-Import-0.03/ or
http://search.cpan.org/~patl/Inline-Java-0.52/Java.pod might help.

Sinan

Mr P

> >>... stored some
> >> page results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB,serialized. I can fetch the
> >> blob into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
> >> unsucessful.

> I haven't written Java in a long time. However, once reasonable solution,
> it seems to me, would be to make use of the Java classes themselves to de-
> serialize the data.
>
> To that end,http://search.cpan.org/~rusekd/Java-.../Java.podmight help.
>
> Sinan

Sinan:

Thank-You for this suggestion, seeking the README's now. This seems
for more esoteric than I'd anticipated.

MP