Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > set "From" header

set "From" header

Larry

Forgive me if this is the wrong group, but I already posted this on
the "sendmail" group and never got any response.

I have an "announcements" type mail list set up in majordomo. I
configured the list with a "restrict_post" setting, which points to a
file of email addresses which are authorized to send mail to the
list. (In case it matters, this file of "authorized senders" is small
and seldom changes.)

The list is basically working, except that when an authorized sender
sends a mail to the list, the "From" header shows the real address of
the sender. I would rather the "From" header be a generic "list
owner" address, no matter who actually sends the mail. How can I do
this?

gf

On Feb 13, 11:14 am, "Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Forgive me if this is the wrong group, but I already posted this on
> the "sendmail" group and never got any response.

That would be because Majordomo is not sendmail. It relies on it, but
that would be the wrong group.

> I have an "announcements" type mail list set up in majordomo. I
> configured the list with a "restrict_post" setting, which points to a
> file of email addresses which are authorized to send mail to the
> list. (In case it matters, this file of "authorized senders" is small
> and seldom changes.)
>
> The list is basically working, except that when an authorized sender
> sends a mail to the list, the "From" header shows the real address of
> the sender. I would rather the "From" header be a generic "list
> owner" address, no matter who actually sends the mail. How can I do
> this?

For general info on Majordomo...
http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/
http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/majordomo-faq.html