Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Another procmail configuration

Another procmail configuration

Pet Farrari

Hi,

I am having problem with setting up procmail to work with a C program I
wrote. The C program is to determine whether the domain part of the
incoming email is a forwarded email, if it is, procmail will not filter
its spam into local cyrus mail box. I m not really sure the syntax I use
in this conf file is correct or not.

Your suggestion is much appreciated.

Here is the promailrc script:

SHELL=/bin/sh
DROPPRIVS=yes
LINEBUF=32768
SENDMAILFLAGS="-oi"
LOGFILE="/var/log/spamkill/spamkill.log"
SPAMC="/usr/local/bin/spamc"

FROM="<$1>"
TO=$2
SHIFT=1

:0f
|$SPAMC -f -U /var/run/spamd.sock

:0
{
USER=`echo $TO | cut -d "@" -f1`
DOMAIN=`echo $TO | cut -d "@" -f2`

# Debug statement. Comment out these Debug log lines later.
#LOG="[$$]$_: Debug: TO=$TO${NL}\n"
#LOG="[$$]$_: Debug: USER=$USER${NL}\n"
#LOG="[$$]$_: Debug: DOMAIN=$DOMAIN${NL}\n"

# Execute CYRUSUSER's personal rules
#INCLUDERC=/var/imap/procmail/user/procmail.$CYRUSUSER

# All the mail that falls through to this point will be delivered into
the user's Spam,
# INBOX folder or forwarded to external smtp server.
:0 wi
{

IS_FWD=`/usr/local/sbin/alias2user $DOMAIN`
LOG="[$$]$_: Debug: IS_FWD=$IS_FWD${NL}\n"
# theres an error when determng whether thiss a forwarded domain
* !IS_FWD ?? "-1"
{
| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -r
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) admin/Inbox
# not a forwarded domain
:0
* IS_FWD ?? "0"
{
| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -r
$USER@$DOMAIN $USER/Spam
}

# Else Delivery failed. So we need to handle the error
condition.
:0 e
{
# Get the return code from the last program that ran
and report it in the logfile.
ERRORCODE=$?
LOG="[$$]$_: XX-Failed delivery ERRORCODE=${ERRORCODE}
${NL}"
}
}
}
}

:0
! -f $FROM "$@"

Its error log from procmail in regarding trigger this receipts is:

procmail: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored
procmail: Skipped "* !IS_FWD ?? "-1""
procmail: Skipped "{"
procmail: Skipped "| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -r
(E-Mail Removed) admin/Inbox"
procmail: Skipped "| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -r $USER@$DOMAIN
$USER/Spam"
procmail: Closing brace unexpected
Subject: testing
Folder: /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f <(E-Mail Removed)>
1244

Thanks

Uri Guttman

and your perl question is?

uri

Pet Farrari

Uri Guttman wrote:
> and your perl question is?
>
> uri

I think many perl expert in this forum knows the answer of this question?

Thanks

Uri Guttman

PF> Uri Guttman wrote:
>> and your perl question is?
>> uri
>>

PF> I think many perl expert in this forum knows the answer of this question?

but it isn't a perl question. i am a good cook but i won't answer food
questions here either.

procmail is not perl.

Mail:rocmail is perl.

uri

Dr.Ruud

Pet Farrari schreef:

> I am having problem with setting up procmail to work with a C program
> I wrote.

I can answer this question on the procmail mailing list.

Affijn, Ruud

"Gewoon is een tijger."

Procmail to ruby Mislav Kasner Ruby 3 11-06-2007 05:02 PM
Procmail Regex Indo Geek Computer Support 2 05-11-2007 05:27 PM
Another procmail configuration Pet Farrari Perl 3 01-28-2007 09:30 PM
removing procmail garbage surfergirl@thebeach.com Perl 1 11-15-2006 05:11 PM
Procmail Shane NZ Computing 2 01-14-2006 03:12 AM

Advertisments