Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > HTML/Perl/CGI Question. Howto?

HTML/Perl/CGI Question. Howto?

amerar@iwc.net

Hi All,

I have a simple Perl script that send email to me.

I need to write an HTML form that has a button which will browse the
users hard drive to allow them to send an attachment, along with the
email......

I have no clue how to start that. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

krakle@visto.com

On Jan 14, 6:24 pm, Sherm Pendley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > I have a simple Perl script that send email to me.

> > I need to write an HTML form that has a button which will browse the
> > users hard drive to allow them to send an attachment, along with the
> > email......

> > I have no clue how to start that. Can anyone help?You'd write it the same way you would if your script were written in some-

> thing other than Perl. HTML is off-topic here - try asking your question
> in an HTML group such as comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html.

Maybe Sherm is too dumb to realise what the original poster was asking.
He wants to know where to start on accepting file uploads. CGI.pm
handles file uploads quite nicely. Look at the CGI.pm documentation for
File Uploads. If you want to simplify the uploading look into one of
the many modules that will assist you. Check out CPAN.

As for the HTML coding (which is offtopic here as genius Sherm pointed
out) you can easily find more info on the subject by typing in "HTML
File Upload" in Google.

Was that too difficult for you Sherm?

Tad McClellan

> I need to write an HTML form

Then you should ask in a newsgroup about HTML.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming