Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > is Perl used in the Java middle-tier

is Perl used in the Java middle-tier

Arved Sandstrom

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

>> Use C#. Then you have regexes with Perl's complexity (of course
>> without Perl's elegance, but you're used to that being a Java
>> programmer).

> Does C# have code assertions?

Most languages do (sort of), if you can duplicate the effect of an assert
using native constructs. Frequently, "if" statements (or their equivalent)
are the same thing: "if" something is true/not true, then barf/don't barf.

Asserts do have value in that they can be more easily divorced from your
real code.

AFAIK, C# has asserts, through Debug.Assert.

AHS

Dr.Ruud

Uri Guttman schreef:

> $string =~ /^$begin/ ;