Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > which email module - MIME::LITE, Email::Send, other?

which email module - MIME::LITE, Email::Send, other?

brewsterbear@googlemail.com

Hi,

Just wondering which is the "preferred" way to send email, possibly
with attachments. I noticed MIME::Lite hasn't been developed for a few
years, not that it really needs development. Are people using
Email::Send or Mail::Send? Any recommendation appreciated.

Thanks

Andras Malatinszky

> Hi,
>
> Just wondering which is the "preferred" way to send email, possibly
> with attachments. I noticed MIME::Lite hasn't been developed for a few
> years, not that it really needs development. Are people using
> Email::Send or Mail::Send? Any recommendation appreciated.
>
> Thanks

I've used MIME::Lite successfully to send email with attachments, but
most often I us NET::SMTP. It's really a matter of personal preference.

Tintin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering which is the "preferred" way to send email, possibly
> with attachments. I noticed MIME::Lite hasn't been developed for a few
> years, not that it really needs development. Are people using
> Email::Send or Mail::Send? Any recommendation appreciated.

I've found MIME::Lite to be very robust, flexible and simple to install and
use. And while MIME::Lite hasn't been updated for a while (it works just
fine), there are a number of related modules that are updated recently, eg:
MIME::Lite::HTML was updated Sep 2006.