Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > does anybody know about Win32::GuiTest module ??

does anybody know about Win32::GuiTest module ??

tikesh

hello everyone,
this mail is related to Win32::GuiTest module ...
i am facing some problems in using winguitest.
i want to know whether we can disble the special meaning of characters
like ~, % etc.... one way is given in the document to put {} around the
character, but it can not help me. i am writing program as follows
open (test, "some_file");
while (<test>) {
Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys($_);
}

now the problem is, "some_file" may contain characters like ~ , %
etc... that i want to send as literal characters without special
meaning ..... if somebody have some solution to my problem please let
me know ......

i have another problem -- i couldn't read the text of a word file using
the example of "notepad_test.pl". in this example following line is
being used
my @edits = FindWindowLike($notepad, "", "Edit");
what should i use in place of "Edit" to get the text from a word file
and how would i know the class i should use to get text from the
perticular application ?? please help me ....

my another problem is --
my perl script doesn't work when the system is locked.. i tried to
search on the group if anybody else also had the same problem. i found
that may other people had the same problem and they posted mails to
find some solution. but i couldn't see any mail in which any solution
to this problem is suggested... i want to use script to interact with
the system when i am not there and i can't leave my system unlocked
.... have anybody got any solution to this problem ?? please let me know
if u have any solution....
thanks and regards
-- Tikesh

Mumia W. (on aioe)

On 12/19/2006 05:20 AM, tikesh wrote:
> hello everyone,
> this mail is related to Win32::GuiTest module ...
> i am facing some problems in using winguitest.
> i want to know whether we can disble the special meaning of characters
> like ~, % etc.... one way is given in the document to put {} around the
> character, but it can not help me. i am writing program as follows
> open (test, "some_file");
> while (<test>) {
> Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys($_);
> }
>
> now the problem is, "some_file" may contain characters like ~ , %
> etc... that i want to send as literal characters without special
> meaning ..... if somebody have some solution to my problem please let
> me know ......

Use the three-argument form of open and test for failure:

open (test, "<", "some_file")
or die("Opening some_file failed, reason: $!");

> i have another problem -- i couldn't read the text of a word file using
> the example of "notepad_test.pl". in this example following line is
> being used
> my @edits = FindWindowLike($notepad, "", "Edit");
> what should i use in place of "Edit" to get the text from a word file
> and how would i know the class i should use to get text from the
> perticular application ?? please help me ....
>
> my another problem is --
> my perl script doesn't work when the system is locked..

What do you mean by "locked"?

> i tried to
> search on the group if anybody else also had the same problem. i found
> that may other people had the same problem and they posted mails to
> find some solution.

You should have given us your search terms. Where did you search? What
were the search terms? What are the URLs of the messages that you found?

> but i couldn't see any mail in which any solution
> to this problem is suggested... i want to use script to interact with
> the system when i am not there and i can't leave my system unlocked
> .... have anybody got any solution to this problem ?? please let me know
> if u have any solution....
> thanks and regards
> -- Tikesh

You might be talking about what happens when Windows is not logged into
any account; I doubt user programs can be run when no one is logged into
an account. You can probably log into your account, start your programs
and initiate the screensaver in "lock" mode.

Caveat: I'm not a regular Windows user, but I've installed and
configured Windows for family.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/

tikesh

by locked i mean screen saver is running and password is needed to do
anything on your PC .... and i doubt if u are understanding that all
the things i am talking in this mail is regarding the module
Win32::GuiTest .... so i searched the terms - locked windows guitest
etc......
--Tikesh

On 12/20/2006 05:41 AM, tikesh wrote:

> by locked i mean screen saver is running and password is needed to do
> anything on your PC .... and i doubt if u are understanding that all
> the things i am talking in this mail is regarding the module
> Win32::GuiTest .... so i searched the terms - locked windows guitest
> etc......
> --Tikesh

Please bottom-post in this newsgroup. That is, post your reply below the
other person's quoted text. Read the posting guidelines for this newsgroup:
http://www.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clp...uidelines.html

A knowledgeable Windows user will have to help you get Win32::GuiTest
working while the screensaver is locked. Good luck.

--
(E-Mail Removed)
http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/