Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > currently installed programs list

currently installed programs list

Aqua

Dear Group,

Is there a module available to list all the programs installed in my
windows 2000/XP system. Something like a list from the conrtol panel
"Add/Remove Programs" options.

Best Regards
Dominic

Dave

"Aqua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Dear Group,
>
> Is there a module available to list all the programs installed in my
> windows 2000/XP system. Something like a list from the conrtol panel
> "Add/Remove Programs" options.
>
> Best Regards
> Dominic

Don't know of a module, but there are modules to read the registry and the
information you need is there:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uni nstall
(I expect this is where Add and Remove programs populates its list from, but
there is some sorting to do).

Aqua

Dear Dave,

> Don't know of a module, but there are modules to read the registry and the
> information you need is there:
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uni nstall
> (I expect this is where Add and Remove programs populates its list from, but
> there is some sorting to do).

Thanks for the info. Hope I can write a script to grep these details.

Regards
Dominic