Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Can perl imitate keyboard ??

Can perl imitate keyboard ??

tikesh

Hi, i want to write a perl script that can imitate the keyboard
strokes.... say i am using Internet Explorer or notepad or MS-Word,
....... now i want to run my perl script that will give the matter
already present in another file to this already running application as
if it were typed through my keyboard ... hope i could make my point
clear .... can somebody please help me ?? ....

Jürgen Exner

tikesh wrote:
> Hi, i want to write a perl script that can imitate the keyboard
> strokes.... say i am using Internet Explorer or notepad or MS-Word,
> ...... now i want to run my perl script that will give the matter
> already present in another file to this already running application as
> if it were typed through my keyboard ... hope i could make my point
> clear .... can somebody please help me ?? ....

Perl provides all the usual methods of interprocess communication (IPC) that
you would find in other common programming languages.
If your target application accepts those IPC methods, then you can do it in
Perl. If they don't then you can't do it in any programming language.
Just check which IPC is supported by your target application and then check
CPAN for a suitable module.

jue

brian d foy

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
tikesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi, i want to write a perl script that can imitate the keyboard
> strokes.... say i am using Internet Explorer or notepad or MS-Word,

Check out the the Win32::* modules on CPAN. You can use them to drive
Windows apps, including sending text to their controls.

http://search.cpan.org

A. Sinan Unur

"tikesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1165584087.283305.184290@
80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

> Hi, i want to write a perl script that can imitate the keyboard
> strokes.... say i am using Internet Explorer or notepad or MS-Word,
> ...... now i want to run my perl script that will give the matter
> already present in another file to this already running application as
> if it were typed through my keyboard ... hope i could make my point
> clear .... can somebody please help me ?? ....

http://search.cpan.org/~ctrondlp/Win32-GuiTest-1_50.5/

Sinan

tikesh

i am thankful from the bottom of my heart for the replies .....
i am specially grateful to A. Sinan Unar for i directly got the
solution of my problem without wasting the time in searching on the net
thank you very much.....
-- Tikesh