Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > a quick regex question

a quick regex question

PamelaFoxcroft@gmail.com

Hi, I want to find all occurences of a string where it looks like this

testword12345

So I have a word (actually 10 words) and I want to find all occurenece
of a any of these 10 words followed by 5 numbers.

Can anyone help me with this?

TIA

Pamela

John Bokma

> Hi, I want to find all occurences of a string where it looks like this
>
> testword12345

Now that would have been a better subject line, wouldn't it?

> So I have a word (actually 10 words) and I want to find all occurenece
> of a any of these 10 words followed by 5 numbers.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

Sure, post your code, and some example data, and tell us which part
doesn't work.

Quick question, hopefully quick answer. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 114 01-06-2005 01:36 PM
quick regex question Matt Price Python 0 10-28-2004 04:46 PM
Quick Question Quick Answer JKop C++ 11 05-24-2004 09:46 PM

Advertisments