Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Nmake Error Two Modules

Nmake Error Two Modules

Mike

Hi,
I have written two modules with the following structure

Sta::Wf
Sta::Txt

I have a Makefile with the follwing DIR command
'DIR' => [ qw( Sta/Txt Sta/Wf )],

After comiling the first module, i get the following error after
apparently trying to cd back
cd ..
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

If i remove one of the directories, i dont get an error, but the last
line is also
cd ..

The compiles work, if done seperately.

I am on WinXP, Activestate perl 5.8.8 build 8.19 COmpiler i am using is
gcc.

Thanks
Mike

Sisyphus

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
> I have written two modules with the following structure
>
> Sta::Wf
> Sta::Txt
>
> I have a Makefile with the follwing DIR command
> 'DIR' => [ qw( Sta/Txt Sta/Wf )],

Are you sure you need to include that ''DIR => ...' entry ? (What happens if
you remove it ?).

See, for example the libwin source package (
http://search.cpan.org/~jdb/libwin32-0.26/ ), which contains a number of
modules and Makefile.PL's in various subdirectories - all of which get built
by simply running the top level Makefile.PL - without any need for a "DIR =>
..." entry in that top level Makefile.PL.

Cheers,
Rob

Mike

Thanks Rob,
That worked.
I had to move the directory structure back one level as follows.

ia-sta-1.0.0\
Makefile.pl (Without DIR, and a postable to cd Sta and run a make)
Sta\
makefile (make for sta)
sta.c (Global c funtions for both modules)
sta.h
Wf\
All module files (Makefile.pl, .xs, typemap, etc)
Txt
All module files (Makefile.pl, .xs, typemap, etc)

Thanks Again