Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using DataGrid, how to suppress the drawing of lines ?

Using DataGrid, how to suppress the drawing of lines ?

peshrad

Hi !

I'm using ASP.NET 1.1 and C# .

For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0,
the following code suppresses the drawing of horizontal and vertical lines
in the web page:

DataGrid dg = new DataGrid();
dg.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None;
dg.BorderWidth = Unit.Pixel(0);

However, unfortunately, in the HTML I can still see a <table> tag with the
attribute rules="all".
In FireFox, this causes the lines to be drawn !

How can I suppress those lines reliably ?

Your kind help would be appreciated.

Eliyahu Goldin

I don't know why you are getting rules attribute. I am using border:0 in the
stylesheet and there is no rules in the html.

Anyway, regardless what the reason is, setting Attributes["rules"] = "none"
for the grid in PreRender event may help.

Eliyahu

"peshrad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi !
>
> I'm using ASP.NET 1.1 and C# .
>

> For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0,
> the following code suppresses the drawing of horizontal and vertical lines
> in the web page:
>
> DataGrid dg = new DataGrid();
> dg.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None;
> dg.BorderWidth = Unit.Pixel(0);
>

> However, unfortunately, in the HTML I can still see a <table> tag with the
> attribute rules="all".
> In FireFox, this causes the lines to be drawn !
>
> How can I suppress those lines reliably ?
>
> Your kind help would be appreciated.

David Freeman

Hi peshrad!

I'm having the same problem!!

rules attribute is a Microsoft IE extension to table:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...es/rules_0.asp

I also tried the solution suggested by Eliyahu Goldin but it didn't work.
Did you solved this problem??? If so could you plz share with the newsgroup?

cheers!!
David

"peshrad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi !
>
> I'm using ASP.NET 1.1 and C# .
>

> For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0,
> the following code suppresses the drawing of horizontal and vertical lines
> in the web page:
>
> DataGrid dg = new DataGrid();
> dg.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None;
> dg.BorderWidth = Unit.Pixel(0);
>

> However, unfortunately, in the HTML I can still see a <table> tag with the
> attribute rules="all".
> In FireFox, this causes the lines to be drawn !
>
> How can I suppress those lines reliably ?
>
> Your kind help would be appreciated.

David Freeman

Hi Eliyahu!

Thanks for the reply! I'm having same problem with peshrad.

I tried your solution but it didn't work out. Any other ideas?

Thanks!!!
David

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...