Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > PPM is missing...?

PPM is missing...?

livefreeordie

Hi,

I installed ActivePerl from the source distribution at
http://activestate.com/store/downloa...5-08d58c2648ca.

My platform is SunOS 5.10.

Installation went fine, but it did not install "ppm". I realize I can
add packages using
perl -MCPAN -eshell

But I loved the simplicity of PPM.

Any ideas on why it didn't get installed or how I can get it?

livefreeordie

Sisyphus

"livefreeordie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
..
..

> Any ideas on why it didn't get installed or how I can get it?

I think you should raise this on ActiveState's ppm mailing to list. To do
that you'll need to first visit
http://listserv.activestate.com/mailman/mysubs and subscribe to the ppm
mailing list.

I don't know the answer to your question (obviously), but I would think that
there are people on that list who should be made aware of the problem (and
who can help with a solution). When you post there you should also specify
just which build of ActiveState perl you installed.

You could also file a bug report (start by visiting
http://bugs.activestate.com/help.cgi ) - but I'd try the mailing list before
doing that.

Cheers,
Rob

PPM and Proxy alex Perl 0 06-18-2004 11:40 AM
ppm: ppm install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel Marko Faldix Perl Misc 3 01-27-2004 05:47 AM
ActivePerl - PPM 3.1 upgrade of perl-ldap does not work WS Perl 0 01-04-2004 04:45 PM
Problem using ActiveState PPM to install module Irwin Friedman Perl 1 09-06-2003 10:57 PM
Read PPM images as BufferedImage hz010c1877 Java 1 08-14-2003 08:32 PM

Advertisments