Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Does Perl have a wait command?

Does Perl have a wait command?

ToddAndMargo@gbis.com

Hi All,

I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
a wait command that will suspend on the command
for a determined amount of time? Does it take
a lot of CPU cycles counting something (clock
cycles, etc.)? Or does it pretty much suspect the program
(low CPU usage)?

Many thanks,
-T

usenet@DavidFilmer.com

> I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
> a wait command

perldoc -f sleep

--
David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

Jürgen Exner

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
> a wait command

What happened when you just tried to read the documentation?
See "perldoc -f wait"

> that will suspend on the command
> for a determined amount of time?

You are not looking for wait(), you are looking for sleep().
Details see "perldoc -f sleep"

jue

ToddAndMargo@gbis.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
> > a wait command

> perldoc -f sleep
>
> --
> David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

Thank you!

beartiger@gmail.com

Jürgen Exner wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
> > a wait command

> What happened when you just tried to read the documentation?
> See "perldoc -f wait"

You answer the question below. It described a function he was not
interested in.

> > that will suspend on the command
> > for a determined amount of time?

> You are not looking for wait(), you are looking for sleep().

You couldn't just give that information. No, you had to be a sarcastic
asshole first.