Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Does Thunderbird support http email?

Does Thunderbird support http email?

Moz Champion

Chazz Matt wrote:

> Maleki <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<ul12iilltqs5> >
>

>>>Hotmail is not HTML mail, it is WEB BASED email, a totally different prospect. It takes a browser to be able to connect to HotMail or any other Web based email, and Thunderbird isnt a browser.

> NO, it doesn't take a browser to connect to Hotmail. Both Outlook
> Express and recent version of Outlook support Hotmail. They support
> POP, HTTP, and IMAP. This is what the person thought -- that
> Thunderbird could work as well as either of those two Microsoft
> products. You are saying it can't.

The key here is that Thunderbird doesnt support HTTP email, it does
support HTML email.

Microsoft built Hotmail support into its products, because it owns
Hotmail. Just like you use Netscape to be able to interact with
Netscape Web Mail (which again is HTTP), which O & OE cant do btw.

A program exists, Hotpopper that can enable other programs (non
Microsoft) to communicate with Hotmail.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

.BRIAN.

On 7/15/2004 03:40 AM, Moz Champion wrote:
> Chazz Matt wrote:

>> NO, it doesn't take a browser to connect to Hotmail. Both Outlook
>> Express and recent version of Outlook support Hotmail. They support
>> POP, HTTP, and IMAP. This is what the person thought -- that
>> Thunderbird could work as well as either of those two Microsoft
>> products. You are saying it can't.

> The key here is that Thunderbird doesnt support HTTP email, it does
> support HTML email.
>
> Microsoft built Hotmail support into its products, because it owns
> Hotmail. Just like you use Netscape to be able to interact with
> Netscape Web Mail (which again is HTTP), which O & OE cant do btw.
>
> A program exists, Hotpopper that can enable other programs (non
> Microsoft) to communicate with Hotmail.

Outlook & OE are the only email clients (I know of) that support HTTP.
I'm sure there are others out there though.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Moz Champion

..BRIAN. wrote:

> On 7/15/2004 03:40 AM, Moz Champion wrote:
>
>> Chazz Matt wrote:

>>> NO, it doesn't take a browser to connect to Hotmail. Both Outlook
>>> Express and recent version of Outlook support Hotmail. They support
>>> POP, HTTP, and IMAP. This is what the person thought -- that
>>> Thunderbird could work as well as either of those two Microsoft
>>> products. You are saying it can't.

>> The key here is that Thunderbird doesnt support HTTP email, it does
>> support HTML email.
>>
>> Microsoft built Hotmail support into its products, because it owns
>> Hotmail. Just like you use Netscape to be able to interact with
>> Netscape Web Mail (which again is HTTP), which O & OE cant do btw.
>>
>> A program exists, Hotpopper that can enable other programs (non
>> Microsoft) to communicate with Hotmail.
>>

> Outlook & OE are the only email clients (I know of) that support HTTP.
> I'm sure there are others out there though.

Do they support HTTP, or simply Hotmail?

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org