Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Splitting and keeping key/value

Splitting and keeping key/value

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de wrote:

> > > I would use the substitution operator s/// to repeatedly suck off
> > > keyword and value segments and place them in a hash. The /e option to
> > > s/// allows you execute complicated expressions, and that's what I would
> > > use here.
> > >
> > > Try it yourself.

> > Yeah, that's pretty much how I've been doing it. I just thought that
> > there were a more modular approach. I'll try some more. Thanks

> You've said that twice now. "Modular" means consisting of independent
> components. How does that apply here?

In programming, "modular" really hasn't got a strict definition. I
used it to mean that I could add and subtract dependencies in the
script at will, without having to change the code.

Plus, I'm from sweden.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Paul Lalli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > If you don't want to help, that's fine. No need to be aggressive.

> While I was not being agressive, I rather disagree that there was no
> need to be. For some reason, you seem completely unwilling to help
> anyone to help you without mulitple prodding.

Ok, then leave it at that. No problem for me. Thanks anyway.

--
Sandman[.net]

anno4000@radom.zrz.tu-berlin.de

Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

> > > Yeah, that's pretty much how I've been doing it. I just thought that
> > > there were a more modular approach. I'll try some more. Thanks

> > You've said that twice now. "Modular" means consisting of independent
> > components. How does that apply here?

> In programming, "modular" really hasn't got a strict definition.

If that is what you think then don't use the term. It can only
add to the confusion.

> used it to mean that I could add and subtract dependencies in the
> script at will, without having to change the code.

So you expect us to divine what meaning you have assigned to the
term for the moment? Great attempt at communication!

> Plus, I'm from sweden.

Then don't teach us about English. The term modular has a quite
well-defined meaning, especially in programming.

Anno

Tad McClellan

Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> "Paul Lalli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> > My indata is a textfile. Sorry.

>> That completely fails to answer the question. How are you storing this
>> data *within your program*.

> If you don't want to help, that's fine.

If you don't want to be helped, that's fine too.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> That completely fails to answer the question. How are you storing this
> >> data *within your program*.

> > If you don't want to help, that's fine.

> If you don't want to be helped, that's fine too.

Indeed.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de wrote:

> > In programming, "modular" really hasn't got a strict definition.

> If that is what you think then don't use the term. It can only
> add to the confusion.

> > used it to mean that I could add and subtract dependencies in the
> > script at will, without having to change the code.

> So you expect us to divine what meaning you have assigned to the
> term for the moment? Great attempt at communication!

I keep getting reminded of what a bunch of idiots this group harbors
when I spend too much time in groups where people help each other out.

*plonk*

--
Sandman[.net]

Tad McClellan

Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I keep getting reminded

An easy way to avoid that would be to stop coming back.

> of what a bunch of idiots this group harbors

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming
Fort Worth, Texas

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > I keep getting reminded

> An easy way to avoid that would be to stop coming back.

Indeed. But I could also get lucky and come upon someone that's
helpful. Not that big of a chance in this group, I know. But it has
happened before.

--
Sandman[.net]