Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Error message into scallar

Error message into scallar

EZP

Hi all,
I'm trying to insert the error message from a command into scallar.
my commant is somthing like this:

$output = `command 2>$error_output`

I dont want to enter the error into a file.

Thanks in advance.
EZP

John W. Krahn

EZP wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to insert the error message from a command into scallar.
> my commant is somthing like this:
>
> $output = `command 2>$error_output`
>
> I dont want to enter the error into a file.

perldoc -q stderr

John
--
use Perl;