Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > link extract

link extract

novostik@googlemail.com

hi everybody.....
i have a problem in out here. I know how to
extract links from a html page.But is there any way u can extract a
particular set of links from an html page??By this i mean,say there is
a particular page which has news links on one side of the page, links
of company products on the middle, and links of its businesses in the
right side.Can u tell me how to extract these links as three different
sets.

John Bokma

> hi everybody.....
> i have a problem in out here. I know how to
> extract links from a html page.But is there any way u can extract a
> particular set of links from an html page??By this i mean,say there is
> a particular page which has news links on one side of the page, links
> of company products on the middle, and links of its businesses in the
> right side.Can u tell me how to extract these links as three different
> sets.

I probably would use HTML::TreeBuilder for that. If the tree sections are
each in their own container this is a piece of cake. Also, you can use
regexp on attribute values, which might help.

John Bokma

John Bokma <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> hi everybody.....
>> i have a problem in out here. I know how to
>> extract links from a html page.But is there any way u can extract a
>> particular set of links from an html page??By this i mean,say there
>> is a particular page which has news links on one side of the page,
>> links of company products on the middle, and links of its businesses
>> in the right side.Can u tell me how to extract these links as three
>> different sets.

> I probably would use HTML::TreeBuilder for that. If the tree sections

^^^^