Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Message searching in Thunderbird and bookmark sorting in firefox

Message searching in Thunderbird and bookmark sorting in firefox

John Coxon

I have two questions:

1) The search capabilities in Thunderbird only allow me (as far as I can
tell) to search by sender or by subject. How can I search by what is
actually contained in the message?

2) On Firefox I can't seem to find a way to organise bookmarks
alphabetically in the bookmark list. How can I do this? Going into
bookmark manager and selecting "Sorted by name" just sorts them in the
manager and leaves the list alone.

Thanks in advance,

--
John Coxon

For 20 dollars, I'll give you a good tagline next time...

E-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (until Virgin.Net pull their finger out)
Website: http://alphacentauri.8k.com
LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/~johncoxon
Missing footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemowiki.pl?ISFN

Jim K

John Coxon wrote:

> I have two questions:
>
> 1) The search capabilities in Thunderbird only allow me (as far as I can
> tell) to search by sender or by subject. How can I search by what is
> actually contained in the message?

Right-click on a folder or account and click Search Messages. This is a
much more powerful search than the search toolbar.

> 2) On Firefox I can't seem to find a way to organise bookmarks
> alphabetically in the bookmark list. How can I do this? Going into
> bookmark manager and selecting "Sorted by name" just sorts them in the
> manager and leaves the list alone.

I don't think this is possible right now. I haven't seen any way to
automatically do this. Hopefully I am wrong and someone will have a
solution for this.

MLC

marted́ 13/lug/2004 _Jim K_ in
<news:M9UIc.157293$(E-Mail Removed) r.com>:

>> 2) On Firefox I can't seem to find a way to organise bookmarks
>> alphabetically in the bookmark list. How can I do this? Going into
>> bookmark manager and selecting "Sorted by name" just sorts them in the
>> manager and leaves the list alone.
>>

> I don't think this is possible right now. I haven't seen any way to
> automatically do this. Hopefully I am wrong and someone will have a
> solution for this.

There is an extension for this:

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#sortbookmarks
--
Maria Luisa C - 13/07/2004 21.32.59

Searching for lost bookmark folder? Dan Firefox 2 04-04-2007 01:54 PM
Firefox Bookmark Rename and Thunderbird NG Questions Teather Mitty Firefox 4 12-26-2004 12:36 AM
Thunderbird Message Searching Dan Firefox 0 12-10-2004 12:42 PM
Bookmark Sorting Echuca Firefox 10 10-22-2004 06:30 PM
Firefox bookmark sorting? GraB NZ Computing 20 10-22-2004 11:33 AM

Advertisments