Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Mail and Encoding

Mail and Encoding

steve

Hi!

I am trying to parse every email I am getting in a http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). I
can pull the email using Net:OP3. I am parsing each email using a
Mail::Internet object. The problem I am getting is that in certain case,
like Outlook forward message where the signature is in HTML some
special characters are encode like =20 . Most message are in french so I
have some special character like é è and so on.

I have tried Encode:: module but I dont know from which table to what I
should convert.

Anyone got some ideas?

Sorry for my bad english.. I am french native.

Steve Lavoie
Network administrator
Micromédica

steve

Thanks you! It is the solution. I tested it this morning and it is all
right!

Steve Lavoie
Network administrator
Micromedica

A. Sinan Unur wrote:
> steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:zmkLg.30408$ED.23735
> @read2.cgocable.net:
>

>>I am trying to parse every email I am getting in a (E-Mail Removed). I
>>can pull the email using Net:OP3. I am parsing each email using a
>>Mail::Internet object. The problem I am getting is that in certain
>>case, like Outlook forward message where the signature is in HTML some
>>special characters are encode like =20 . Most message are in french so
>>I have some special character like é è and so on.
>>
>>I have tried Encode:: module but I dont know from which table to what
>>I should convert.
>>
>>Anyone got some ideas?

> I am always confused about these things but I think you are looking at
> messages in quoted printable format:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/MIME-Ba...QuotedPrint.pm
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable
>

>>Sorry for my bad english.. I am french native.

> Not to worry and no need to apologize. There are people from all over
> the world in this group.
>
> Sinan

Peter J. Holzer

On 2006-09-05 19:34, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am trying to parse every email I am getting in a (E-Mail Removed). I
> can pull the email using Net:OP3. I am parsing each email using a
> Mail::Internet object.

For parsing MIME mails (most are these days) you should use MIME:arser.

hp

|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR | > ist?