Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > LWP::UserAgent question

LWP::UserAgent question

Hi
I would like to use LWP::UserAgent to login the web site and process the web
content. Then I should use $ua -> credentials($netloc, $realm, $uname,
$pass)
What is $netloc, $realm, $uname, and $pass?
Can someone post an example to demonstrate?
Thanks

John Bokma

Last warning: next time I report this annoying piece of garbage as
Usenet abuse. I am sure that running bots, especially the piece of
crap you are using, are a ToS violation of Giganews.

You can't fix an issue by causing a bigger one.

--
John Bokma Freelance software developer
&

John Bokma

"a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
> I would like to use LWP::UserAgent to login the web site and process
> the web content. Then I should use $ua -> credentials($netloc, $realm,
> $uname, $pass)
> What is $netloc, $realm, $uname, and $pass?
> Can someone post an example to demonstrate?

First, don't multipost.

Second, if it's basic authentication, you can use the example given under
"ACCESS TO PROTECTED DOCUMENTS" in lwpcook.

Examples of the use of credentials is under HTTP Authentication of lwptut.

"

$browser->credentials(
'servernameortnumber',
'realm-name',
'username' => 'password'
);

"

Note that the realm-name is displayed when you get the pop up window that
allows you to log in.

(type on the command line: perldoc lwptut )

--
John Bokma Freelance software developer
&

Jürgen Exner

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> "a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> [ snip and ignore MULTIPOSTED message ]

I think this multiposting bot is a great idea.
However I would suggest to tune it down a bit. Just make the text
informative instead of accusing, remove those heavy borders, etc.
A 3 to 4 line message with a link to more information is really all that is
needed. No need for those KB and KB of heavy shots.

jue

Tad McClellan

> "a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> [ snip and ignore MULTIPOSTED message ]

> Questions or comments are welcome #

Please undeploy it forthwith.

> # Q-Why am I doing this? A--For a better usenet.

It isn't working. This "cure" is worse than the disease.

> # Some folks try to
> # discourage job postings; some discourage off-topic posts. I try #

^
^
> # to discourage multiposts

No _you_ don't.

Your _machine_ does.

Not the same thing.

> # If you don't wish to be bothered with these auto-generated #

If you don't stop this right quick, expect more than the scanner
to be killfiled...

> # But I choose to run this #
> # scanner anonymously

Bad choice.

It hurts the credibility of your message so much as to make the
postings worthless.

( I will note however that multiposting was the primary reason that
I stopped participating in the beginners mailing list, way back
when.
)

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming

John Bokma

"Jürgen Exner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I think this multiposting bot is a great idea.

Me no, and I have reported it for what I see it is right now: Usenet
abuse.

--

Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If you don't stop this right quick, expect more than the scanner
> to be killfiled...

Too late

--
John Bokma Freelance software developer
&

Dr.Ruud

(E-Mail Removed) schreef:
> "a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> [ snip and ignore MULTIPOSTED message ]

> ************************************************** ********************
> ********** PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD ***********
> ************************************************** ********************
>
> This message has been multiposted as indicated by these message IDs:
> <JoPDg.386093$Mn5.194189@pd7tw3no>
> <GbPDg.382930$iF6.158066@pd7tw2no>

s/</<news:/g

and you should put them both in the References: header field (without
the "news:" of course).

--
Affijn, Ruud

"Gewoon is een tijger."

DJ Stunks

John Bokma wrote:
> "Jürgen Exner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > I think this multiposting bot is a great idea.

> Me no, and I have reported it for what I see it is right now: Usenet
> abuse.

What happened to your "last warning", Bokma? Itchy reporting finger?
Perhaps David can hook you up with his source for his bot and you could
modify it to create your own bot reporting bot. The downside, however,
is that, while more efficient, this approach would almost certainly
take away from what appears to be a very enjoyable pastime for you.

- Jake "Free Xah" Peavy

John Bokma

"DJ Stunks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> John Bokma wrote:

>> > I think this multiposting bot is a great idea.

>> Me no, and I have reported it for what I see it is right now: Usenet
>> abuse.

> What happened to your "last warning", Bokma? Itchy reporting finger?

I decided to let the bot owner's Usenet provider decide

> - Jake "Free Xah" Peavy

Ha ha ha. If you're real (which I doubt), give Xah some momey for his
process against DreamHost. It will increase the joy tenfold .