Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Unicode & Upgrading Perl

Unicode & Upgrading Perl

Bill H

Thanks to all who answered the questions I had on Unicode, I have
learned that I need to upgrade the version of Perl of I have on one of
my Cobalt Raq4 servers. I currently have 5.005.03 and need to upgrade
to 5.8. Can anyone give me some hints/pointers on how to go about this
and where to get the upgrade for this system?

Bill H www.ts1000.us

Ben Morrow

Quoth "Bill H" <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Thanks to all who answered the questions I had on Unicode, I have
> learned that I need to upgrade the version of Perl of I have on one of
> my Cobalt Raq4 servers. I currently have 5.005.03 and need to upgrade
> to 5.8. Can anyone give me some hints/pointers on how to go about this
> and where to get the upgrade for this system?

The easiest solution is to use a package provided by your OS vendor, if
such a thing exists. I would be surprised if they don't provide a 5.8
package.

If not, then you need to download perl-5.8.8.tar.gz from CPAN, unzip it
somewhere and follow the install instructions. You will need a C
compiler... I don't know if Raq4s come with one by default.

Ben

Pericles of Athens, c.430 B.C.