Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > perl linux serial example for non-blocking

perl linux serial example for non-blocking

sonnichs@berkshire.net

I have read the 8.10 faq for perl serial io and I am attempting to
convert some prior windows code to linux. This code does 2-way IO to
the serial port. It hangs after I write a command to the
serial-attached device. I would like to approach this problem first by
turning off blocking. The faq is rather vague here.
Can anyone point me of a text book or tutorial that explicitly
addresses the blocking issues for perl on linux AND SHOWS CODING
EXAMPLES. I am not adept at object perl and would prefer a non-object
vesion-

Thanks,
Fritz