Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Win32::Printer -> override the window printer window

Win32::Printer -> override the window printer window

diavolo-verde@libero.it

Hello,

I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
without any user action, is it possible using Wind32:rinter module?

Dave

Paul Lalli

> I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
> without any user action, is it possible using Wind32:rinter module?

What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32:rinter,
searching specifically for words like "default printer"?

Paul Lalli

diavolo-verde@libero.it

Paul Lalli ha scritto:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
> > without any user action, is it possible using Wind32:rinter module?

> What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32:rinter,
> searching specifically for words like "default printer"?

Hi Paul, I realized that my question was not clear. What I want is to
send data directly without user intervention. I can choose which
printer to print programmatically but then window raise the Print
Dialog asking the user to press OK. I don't want this happens.

Thanks,

David

Paul Lalli

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Paul Lalli ha scritto:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> > > I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
> > > without any user action, is it possible using Wind32:rinter module?

> > What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32:rinter,
> > searching specifically for words like "default printer"?

> Hi Paul, I realized that my question was not clear. What I want is to
> send data directly without user intervention. I can choose which
> printer to print programmatically but then window raise the Print
> Dialog asking the user to press OK. I don't want this happens.

I understood exactly what you said. What part of my post led you to
believe otherwise? Why did you completely ignore my question?

Paul Lalli

diavolo-verde@libero.it

Paul Lalli ha scritto:

> I understood exactly what you said. What part of my post led you to
> believe otherwise? Why did you completely ignore my question?

I'm sorry Paul, the english is not my native language so probably I'm a
little bit aggressive; if this is the case, please excuse me.

Frankly speaking I cannot understand what you are trying to tell me. I
read the documentation and I didn't find the method to disable the
confirmation window to appear.

This is my Printer instantiation
my $dc = new Win32:rinter(
papersize => A4,
#dialog => NOSELECTION,
description => 'schedine',
unit => 'mm'
);

I tryed enabling dialog and others. What do I miss?

This is an excerpt from documentation:

If both "printer" and dialog attributes omitted- systems default
printer is used.

Printer dialog settings. You may use the combination of the following
flags ($dc->{flags} contains modified printer dialog flags):

ALLPAGES = 0x000000
The default flag that indicates that the All radio button is initially
selected. This flag is used as a placeholder to indicate that the
PAGENUMS and SELECTION flags are not specified.

SELECTION = 0x000001
If this flag is set, the Selection radio button is selected. If neither
PAGENUMS nor SELECTION is set, the All radio button is selected.

PAGENUMS = 0x000002
If this flag is set, the Pages radio button is selected. If this flag
is set when the new method returns, the $dc->{maxp} and $dc->{minp}
variables indicate the starting and ending pages specified by the user.

NOSELECTION = 0x000004
Disables the Selection radio button.

NOPAGENUMS = 0x000008
Disables the Pages radio button and the associated edit controls.

PRINTTOFILE = 0x000020
If this flag is set, the Print to File check box is selected.

PRINTSETUP = 0x000040
Causes the system to display the Print Setup dialog box rather than the
Print dialog box.

NOWARNING = 0x000080
Prevents the warning message from being displayed when there is no
default printer.

DISABLEPRINTTOFILE = 0x080000
Disables the Print to File check box.

HIDEPRINTTOFILE = 0x100000
Hides the Print to File check box.

NONETWORKBUTTON = 0x200000
Hides and disables the Network button.

diavolo-verde@libero.it

(E-Mail Removed) ha scritto:

>> I tryed enabling dialog and others. What do I miss?

I am a stupid.

I'm testing my program and I set the default printer as " adobe PDF",
it was the PDF driver to raise the window, not Windows.

I'm sorry.

Dave