Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > is perl a mess as it scales, and is it really hard to debug?

is perl a mess as it scales, and is it really hard to debug?

gavino

I hear people bitch about perl but others say its most productive
language.

xhoster@gmail.com

"gavino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Please put your question in your message as well as in the subject line.

] is perl a mess as it scales,

Scales in what dimension? Code gets bigger? Data structures get bigger?
Programs run for longer times without restarting? number of threads
increases?

] and is it really hard to debug?

If you write spaghetti code, it will be hard to debug. In any language.

> I hear people bitch about perl but others say its most productive
> language.

For some people it is the most productive. Other people need the B&D of
something like Java to keep them from shooting themselves in the foot.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Tad McClellan

gavino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I hear people bitch about perl but others say its most productive
> language.

Some of these people are correct, some of those people are wrong,
but most people bitch while using Perl productively!

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas