Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > using session managment in perl

using session managment in perl

madan

hi all,
i have created a user screen which when one logs in can access some
applications and logs out..
but my problem is when i press back button on my browser i am going
back to my user page..this should not happen..i must get a error
message that u are logged out or login screen must appear...
can any one please guide me how should i approch for such kind of
conditions..
thanks in advance
madan chowdary

rajeev.networld@gmail.com

why dont u use cookies?

madan wrote:
> hi all,
> i have created a user screen which when one logs in can access some
> applications and logs out..
> but my problem is when i press back button on my browser i am going
> back to my user page..this should not happen..i must get a error
> message that u are logged out or login screen must appear...
> can any one please guide me how should i approch for such kind of
> conditions..
> thanks in advance
> madan chowdary

narra.madan@gmail.com

yep...i want to create sessions rether than going for cookies...

A. Sinan Unur

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1153834667.772755.248810
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

> yep...i want to create sessions rether than going for cookies...

What does that even mean?

Please quote an appropriate amount of context.

* Cookies and session management go hand in hand in most cases.

* CGI questions are off-topic in this newsgroup. Methods for managing CGI
sessions are independent of the particular language used to implement them,
and should be discussed in a CGI group.

* On the other hand, if you have some Perl code that is, say, using
CGI::Session, and is not behaving as you expect, then by all means, ask a
specific question, *AFTER* reading the posting guidelines for this group.

Sinan

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

A. Sinan Unur wrote:
> * CGI questions are off-topic in this newsgroup.

Only if they have no Perl content.

> Methods for managing CGI
> sessions are independent of the particular language used to implement them,
> and should be discussed in a CGI group.

How to do it in Perl is well as on-topic here as are e.g.
- how to send emails using Perl,
- how to access a database using Perl, or
- how to parse a text file using Perl.

> * On the other hand, if you have some Perl code that is, say, using
> CGI::Session, and is not behaving as you expect, then by all means, ask a
> specific question, *AFTER* reading the posting guidelines for this group.

Precisely.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

A. Sinan Unur

Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> A. Sinan Unur wrote:
>> * CGI questions are off-topic in this newsgroup.

> Only if they have no Perl content.

There was no Perl content in the OP:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....1bcc45d6684b5b

Sinan

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

A. Sinan Unur wrote:
> Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>A. Sinan Unur wrote:
>>>
>>>* CGI questions are off-topic in this newsgroup.

>>Only if they have no Perl content.

> There was no Perl content in the OP:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....1bcc45d6684b5b

True, but that does not make the above unqualified statement correct.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

A. Sinan Unur

Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:4in3alF4clkvU1
@individual.net:

> A. Sinan Unur wrote:
>> Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>>Only if they have no Perl content.

>> There was no Perl content in the OP:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....1bcc45d6684b5b

> True, but that does not make the above unqualified statement correct.

No, but the rest of the message explained what to do to make the post
topical. I did not see the point of your correction, especially given that
I stated, in the same post:

On the other hand, if you have some Perl code that is, say, using
CGI::Session, and is not behaving as you expect, then by all means,
ask a specific question, *AFTER* reading the posting guidelines for
this group.

I still do not see the point of your correction. Not every fact needs to be
mentioned in the same sentence, and, overall, my response did convey the
fact that Perl questions might have something to do with CGI are not ruled
out, just CGI questions that have no Perl content.

I am going to stop now.

Sinan

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

A. Sinan Unur wrote:
> Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>>A. Sinan Unur wrote:

>>>There was no Perl content in the OP:
>>>
>>>http://groups.google.com/group/comp....1bcc45d6684b5b

>>True, but that does not make the above unqualified statement correct.

> No, but the rest of the message explained what to do to make the post
> topical. I did not see the point of your correction,

Maybe I'm oversensitive...

> my response did convey the
> fact that Perl questions might have something to do with CGI are not ruled
> out, just CGI questions that have no Perl content.

Unfortunately, that's not an undisputed fact. I often see remarks here,
apparently with the aim to discourage people from posting anything CGI
related. That's the reason for my oversensitiveness.

OTOH, you often post helpful replies to CGI related Perl questions, so
it was kind of unfair to 'pick' on you. Sorry about that.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

madan

guyz please...

i was just asking for help from u but not to argue that the message is
totally out of subject from this group....

the main thing is i am doing on perl as well as CGI....

think CGI.pm is part of perl and how does that move away from this
group topic....

if at all u know the logic please do post ...but dont just say its
totally junk for this group..

k..i am using perl 5.6 on windows using apache server....

i need to create sessions but not using cookies...

please help me on this how to go with it...

thanks in advance..

madan

ad managment Eirik Eldorsen ASP .Net 3 02-07-2005 04:50 PM
Cassini web server and session state managment Paul Fi ASP .Net 0 09-10-2004 04:31 AM
Bug Tracking/Change managment software Mike ASP .Net 1 04-13-2004 11:29 PM
State managment Vik ASP .Net 3 02-04-2004 03:46 AM
Managment/traffic sniffer? Oystein Cisco 1 11-04-2003 07:04 AM

Advertisments