Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Capture a image on client machine

Reply
Thread Tools

Capture a image on client machine

 
 
pjsenthil@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2006
Mine is a Client -server Acrichitecture..The client will be viewing a
video..if interested he will capture a video frame. and he will store
on the server machine..and the corresponding path of the image will be
stored on the server and will be used for further editions...

Is is possible...If so ....How..

I am not able to understand how can it be achieved....as one friend has
told in the Usenet group i tried to use Gadwin print screen but i think
it can be possible ..if the image is created on server machine...


Pl help me in this regard...If Question is not clear...ask me ..i will
give further more details..

Regards
Senthilvelu

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Matt Garrish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2006

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Mine is a Client -server Acrichitecture..The client will be viewing a
> video..if interested he will capture a video frame. and he will store
> on the server machine..and the corresponding path of the image will be
> stored on the server and will be used for further editions...
>


>From a browser, you wouldn't be able to do it unless the person

captures the image, saves it and then uploads it through a form.

You could write a client-side application to do the work of capturing
the image and posting it back to the server, but that would of course
require the user to install your app. You could write such a beast in
Perl and compile it to an executable, but how it would work (i.e.,
capture the image) would would depend on what OS it's run on. And you'd
likely find yourself limited to a simple screen capture of the users
desktop (unless the video is running in full-screen mode, I suppose).

Matt

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
pjsenthil@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2006
But i thought of doing it in client server architecture with making it
as installable application..that is in web...

Is it not possible....do it in javascript...

Regards
Senthilvelu.P.J
Matt Garrish wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Mine is a Client -server Acrichitecture..The client will be viewing a
> > video..if interested he will capture a video frame. and he will store
> > on the server machine..and the corresponding path of the image will be
> > stored on the server and will be used for further editions...
> >

>
> >From a browser, you wouldn't be able to do it unless the person

> captures the image, saves it and then uploads it through a form.
>
> You could write a client-side application to do the work of capturing
> the image and posting it back to the server, but that would of course
> require the user to install your app. You could write such a beast in
> Perl and compile it to an executable, but how it would work (i.e.,
> capture the image) would would depend on what OS it's run on. And you'd
> likely find yourself limited to a simple screen capture of the users
> desktop (unless the video is running in full-screen mode, I suppose).
>
> Matt


 
Reply With Quote
 
Matt Garrish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2006

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

[TOFU corrected ]

>
> Matt Garrish wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > > Mine is a Client -server Acrichitecture..The client will be viewing a
> > > video..if interested he will capture a video frame. and he will store
> > > on the server machine..and the corresponding path of the image will be
> > > stored on the server and will be used for further editions...
> > >

> >
> > >From a browser, you wouldn't be able to do it unless the person

> > captures the image, saves it and then uploads it through a form.
> >
> > You could write a client-side application to do the work of capturing
> > the image and posting it back to the server, but that would of course
> > require the user to install your app. You could write such a beast in
> > Perl and compile it to an executable, but how it would work (i.e.,
> > capture the image) would would depend on what OS it's run on. And you'd
> > likely find yourself limited to a simple screen capture of the users
> > desktop (unless the video is running in full-screen mode, I suppose).
> >

> But i thought of doing it in client server architecture with making it
> as installable application..that is in web...
>
> Is it not possible....do it in javascript...


Is the user viewing the video in another application on the computer,
or are you talking about a video embedded in a web page?

Javascript only gives you access to the browser's dom, so if you're
talking about the former it can't be done. And even if you're talking
about an embedded movie you'd still never be able to access what's
currently being run from a javascript.

The only thing that springs to my mind that would have the power to do
what you want is a custom browser plugin, but you don't write those in
Perl (but I'd be interested if someone were to prove me wrong on that
call).

Matt

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben Morrow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2006

Quoth "Matt Garrish" <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
> The only thing that springs to my mind that would have the power to do
> what you want is a custom browser plugin, but you don't write those in
> Perl (but I'd be interested if someone were to prove me wrong on that
> call).


Well.... A Gecko plugin is just a C shared library, and an IE plugin
is just an ActiveX control, so either could ember a Perl interpreter and
have the majority of its code written in Perl....

Ben

--
Giles: It's very common for Indian spirits to change to animal form.
Buffy: [...] and, 'Native American'. G: Sorry? B: We don't say 'Indian'.
G: Oh, right, yes; always behind on the terms... yes, still trying not to refer
to you lot as 'bloody colonials'. [Buffy, 'Pangs'] (E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Screen Capture With Mouse , Mouse Position Capture Max Java 7 08-08-2009 11:51 PM
SuperVideoCap work as a broadcast capture and screen capture and record tool. hely0123 Media 0 10-30-2007 08:59 AM
can i use vpn on a xp pro client(only client) broadband enabled machine leopard MCSE 1 12-08-2004 04:08 AM
JMF wanted to play a mpg video and capture an Image into a Buffered Image tochaotic4u Java 2 07-03-2003 09:50 AM



Advertisments