Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > need perl dev in santa monica CA 100k+ f/t

need perl dev in santa monica CA 100k+ f/t

gavino

We need a perl developer in santa monica CA 100k+
email

usenet@DavidFilmer.com

gavino wrote:
> We need a perl developer in santa monica CA 100k+

You have this usegroup confused with http://jobs.perl.org.

I'm sure David Alder will be around shortly to further remind you...

--
David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

David H. Adler

On 2006-07-22, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> gavino wrote:
>> We need a perl developer in santa monica CA 100k+

> You have this usegroup confused with http://jobs.perl.org.
>
> I'm sure David Alder will be around shortly to further remind you...

Yeah, I'm a little behind due to OSCON. Thanks.

You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
"news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. (If
n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgrou....newusers.html)
Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
probably already notified them as well.

If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

Yours for a better usenet,

dha

--
David H. Adler - <(E-Mail Removed)> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
I don't want to get bitter/I don't want to turn cruel/I don't want to

usenet@DavidFilmer.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'm sure David Alder will be around shortly to further remind you...

s/Alder/Adler/;

Sorry about that, David.

On 2006-08-02, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I'm sure David Alder will be around shortly to further remind you...

> s/Alder/Adler/;
>
> Sorry about that, David.

Happens all the time. The weird thing is, although it happens all the
time, I have *never* come across anyone named Alder.

dha

--
David H. Adler - <(E-Mail Removed)> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
So get it on paper, with a signature, so you can wave it at them. If

usenet@DavidFilmer.com

David H. Adler wrote:
> Happens all the time. The weird thing is, although it happens all the
> time, I have *never* come across anyone named Alder.

Lots of towns have streets named Alder, including a somewhat
significant street through downtown Portland, OR (significant because
it becomes the eastbound lanes of the Morrison Bridge - all bridge
access points are significant in this West-coast City of Bridges).

Boy, how off-topic is THAT? I only mention it because I knew you were
here last week for OSCON, and you weren't very far from Alder St )

--
David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

David Squire

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> David H. Adler wrote:
>> Happens all the time. The weird thing is, although it happens all the
>> time, I have *never* come across anyone named Alder.

> Lots of towns have streets named Alder,

Yep, but probably named after trees rather than people.

DS

David H. Adler

On 2006-08-02, David Squire <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> David H. Adler wrote:
>>> Happens all the time. The weird thing is, although it happens all the
>>> time, I have *never* come across anyone named Alder.

>> Lots of towns have streets named Alder,

> Yep, but probably named after trees rather than people.

Exactly.

And, yes, I did notice Alder street in pdx last week.

--
David H. Adler - <(E-Mail Removed)> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Linguists don't know much, but they do know that nobody can succeed in

anno4000@radom.zrz.tu-berlin.de

David H. Adler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> On 2006-08-02, David Squire <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >>
> >> Lots of towns have streets named Alder,

> > Yep, but probably named after trees rather than people.

> Exactly.

....while the person is presumably named after a bird.

Anno

Thomas J.

> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> > Yep, but probably named after trees rather than people.

one more OT:

Adler is the german word for eagle