Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > secure login

secure login

probert

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had some info about logging into a secure
site that uses javascript. I get an error saying that I need to have
javascript enabled to use the site. I wonder if I need the
WWW-IE-Mechanize module for this, but not sure. Any info would be
great. Thanks.

ps. I am using WWW-Mechanize to do the login.

Brian Wakem

probert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had some info about logging into a secure
> site that uses javascript. I get an error saying that I need to have
> javascript enabled to use the site. I wonder if I need the
> WWW-IE-Mechanize module for this, but not sure. Any info would be
> great. Thanks.
>
> ps. I am using WWW-Mechanize to do the login.

It depends what they are using JS for. Usually you need to inspect the JS
code and mimic it's intended behaviour.

--
Brian Wakem