Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > pls help me in finding solution of two problems

pls help me in finding solution of two problems

ashish.sachan@gmail.com

Hi i m just starign with PERL..given two problems to solve ..pls help
me in solving them

1. Develop a shell and a perl script to run on a Linux machine. The
script should
take a quoted string as one required argument and one more optional
argument as
a starting directory. Default starting directory will be "/" (the
root directory in
Linux) if the second argument is not provided to the script. The script
should
recursively go through all files under the directory, check the type of
file, and
only for files that are not directories or binary files, search the
file contents for the
quoted string (first argument to the script). The script should print
the "relative"
path of the files (relative to the directory - second argument or
default) in which
the string specified in the first argument is found.

2. Develop a shell and a perl script to print the process-id tree. The
script should take
one numeric value as argument. For example, if the script is run with
argument
12345, then the output should be a complete process tree showing the
process
having PID of 12345, its parent, grandparent, ... and also its child,
grandchild, ...
The output must show the PID, PPID and process name of each process in
the
process tree. Indented output for better readability is desired

Jürgen Exner

> Hi i m just starign with PERL..given two problems to solve ..pls help
> me in solving them
>
> 1. Develop a shell and a perl script to run on a Linux machine. The
> script should

[...]
> 2. Develop a shell and a perl script to print the process-id tree. The
> script should take

Do I smell homework?

jue

Tad McClellan

> Hi i m just starign with PERL..given two problems to solve ..pls help
> me in solving them

We would be happy to _help_.

We would not be happy to do your homework for you.

What part are you stuck on?

What code do you have so far?

> 1. Develop a shell and a perl script to run on a Linux machine.

> 2. Develop a shell and a perl script to print the process-id tree.

Do you think that someone who teaches Perl classes might read the
Perl newsgroups? Aren't you afraid of being caught cheating?

Does your professor approve of having someone else solve your
homework problem for you?

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming

A. Sinan Unur

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> 1. Develop

We don't respond to commands well.

> a shell

Wrong newsgroup.

> and a perl script

perldoc -q difference

We don't do your homework for you. However, if you need help along the
way, the best way to get is to first read the posting guidelines for
this group, then come up with your best attempt, and post it here in
accordance with the posting guidelines.

Otherwise, you'll get killfiled by a lot of people.

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

http://augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc...uidelines.html