Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Out of memory

Out of memory

janicehwang1325@yahoo.com

Hi,

I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
that?

Owen

> Hi,
>
> I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
> clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
> the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
> that?

Generally it is because you have used up your allowed memory.

You don't say but do you have cpu/memory quotas on your server? For
example on one server I have a 3% allowance of the available memory.
Opening the same file file 6000 odd times gives me a "out of memory
error"

Could mean there is some wrong logic in your script

Xemoth

janicehwang1325@yahoo.com

Basically i don't set any memory quotas for my server. I will try to
check the logic of the program to see if there is any wrong. However,
it is just a simple program. Thank you very much

xhoster@gmail.com

> Hi,
>
> I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
> clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
> the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
> that?

Um, you are out of memory.

Oh, and you have a bug in line 42.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB