Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to use threads?

How to use threads?

veg_all@yahoo.com

Once a day my perl cgi script tars and zips up the customer data and
ftps it to a backup server. The script takes around 10 seconds to do
this but normally runs in less than a second. Is there a way I can use
threads to do the tarring and ftping parallel with the main script
execution?

I read perlthrtut but my perl installation does not seem to support the
functionality in it. Is there any workaround besides upgrading the perl
installation?

pyh

Hello,

You don't need threads here.Just fork the childs and call the 'exec' to do
the additional works in your CGI answers.

<(E-Mail Removed)> ????
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...