Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer ?

How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer ?

Ken Yu

Hi,

How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer, when
access the frontpage ?

tks a lot !
Ken

Eliyahu Goldin

Ken,

Setup your oncontextmenu event handler that will do nothing.

Eliyahu

"Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%2322Oyk%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer, when
> access the frontpage ?
>
> tks a lot !
> Ken

Ken Yu

Eliyahu,

Sorry ! I want to disable "RightClick Menu" in WebForm ?

How can do that ?

tks a lot !
Ken

"Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> 级糶秎ン穝籇:uhmII2%(E-Mail Removed) .gbl...
> Ken,
>
> Setup your oncontextmenu event handler that will do nothing.
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%2322Oyk%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer, when
>> access the frontpage ?
>>
>> tks a lot !
>> Ken

Eliyahu Goldin

Ken,

When you right-click an html element, browser triggers oncontextmenu event.
The menu you see now is generated by the default event handler. You want to
disable the default behavior. To do this, you can write your own javascript
event handler for oncontextmenu event that will just do nothing. So nothing
will happen when you right-click.

Eliyahu

"Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OZjws6%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Eliyahu,
>
> Sorry ! I want to disable "RightClick Menu" in WebForm ?
>
> How can do that ?
>
> tks a lot !
> Ken
>

> "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)>

级糶秎ン穝籇:uhmII2%(E-Mail Removed) .gbl...
> > Ken,
> >
> > Setup your oncontextmenu event handler that will do nothing.
> >
> > Eliyahu
> >
> > "Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%2322Oyk%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer, when
> >> access the frontpage ?
> >>
> >> tks a lot !
> >> Ken

JuLiE Dxer

isn't that a javascript thing?

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:39:07 +0800, "Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Eliyahu,
>
> Sorry ! I want to disable "RightClick Menu" in WebForm ?
>
>How can do that ?
>
>tks a lot !
>Ken
>

>"Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> 级糶秎ン穝籇:uhmII2%(E-Mail Removed) .gbl...
>> Ken,
>>
>> Setup your oncontextmenu event handler that will do nothing.
>>
>> Eliyahu
>>
>> "Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%2322Oyk%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer, when
>>> access the frontpage ?
>>>
>>> tks a lot !
>>> Ken

Kevin Spencer

Chances are, you don't want to disable right-click. You only think you do.
What do you think yuou will accomplish with this? For example, some newbie
web developers think that they can prevent people from copying images with
such a trick. However, this is not possible. Generally speaking, disabling
browser functionality is a bad idea, and is usually a kluge that substitutes
for good design.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OZjws6#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Eliyahu,
>
> Sorry ! I want to disable "RightClick Menu" in WebForm ?
>
> How can do that ?
>
> tks a lot !
> Ken
>

> "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)>

级糶秎ン穝籇:uhmII2%(E-Mail Removed) .gbl...
> > Ken,
> >
> > Setup your oncontextmenu event handler that will do nothing.
> >
> > Eliyahu
> >
> > "Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%2322Oyk%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer, when
> >> access the frontpage ?
> >>
> >> tks a lot !
> >> Ken

Eliyahu Goldin

I agree to the point that disabling browser functionality is a bad idea, but
you don't have to disable the standard menu whatsoever.

I am using rightclick a lot for standard windows form-like popup menu
functionality. In a standard screen, where you have a datagrid for selecting
rows, it is quite naturally to be able to rightclick a row and choose an
action from the popup. You still can get the browser's standard menu when
you click on other areas of the window.

Eliyahu

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chances are, you don't want to disable right-click. You only think you do.
> What do you think yuou will accomplish with this? For example, some newbie
> web developers think that they can prevent people from copying images with
> such a trick. However, this is not possible. Generally speaking, and is

usually a kluge that substitutes
> for good design.
>
> --
> HTH,
> Kevin Spencer
> .Net Developer
> Microsoft MVP
> I get paid good money to
> solve puzzles for a living
>
> "Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OZjws6#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Eliyahu,
> >
> > Sorry ! I want to disable "RightClick Menu" in WebForm ?
> >
> > How can do that ?
> >
> > tks a lot !
> > Ken
> >

> > "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> 级糶秎ン穝籇:uhmII2%(E-Mail Removed) .gbl...
> > > Ken,
> > >
> > > Setup your oncontextmenu event handler that will do nothing.
> > >
> > > Eliyahu
> > >
> > > "Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:%2322Oyk%(E-Mail Removed)...

when

Kevin Spencer

Hi Eliyahu,

Now, THERE's an example of good design!

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I agree to the point that disabling browser functionality is a bad idea,

but
> you don't have to disable the standard menu whatsoever.
>
> I am using rightclick a lot for standard windows form-like popup menu
> functionality. In a standard screen, where you have a datagrid for

selecting
> rows, it is quite naturally to be able to rightclick a row and choose an
> action from the popup. You still can get the browser's standard menu when
> you click on other areas of the window.
>
> Eliyahu

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Chances are, you don't want to disable right-click. You only think you

do.
> > What do you think yuou will accomplish with this? For example, some

newbie
> > web developers think that they can prevent people from copying images

with
> > such a trick. However, this is not possible. Generally speaking, and is

> usually a kluge that substitutes
> > for good design.
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Kevin Spencer
> > .Net Developer
> > Microsoft MVP
> > I get paid good money to
> > solve puzzles for a living
> >
> > "Ken Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:OZjws6#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Eliyahu,
> > >
> > > Sorry ! I want to disable "RightClick Menu" in WebForm ?
> > >
> > > How can do that ?
> > >
> > > tks a lot !
> > > Ken
> > >

> > > "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> > 级糶秎ン穝籇:uhmII2%(E-Mail Removed) .gbl...

> when

Justin Beckwith

just handle the oncontextmenu event of the document object, and return false.
Example:
<script language="Javascript">
function document.oncontextmenu() {
return false;