Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > MIME::Parser and Purge / Prune

MIME::Parser and Purge / Prune

afrinspray

I'm using MIME Parser to parse emails for a listserv application.
Everything works great except for the final cleanup stage. I end up
with literally hundreds of directories (one per message) which aren't
pruned upon completion. I could rm -rf them, but I'm guessing that I'm
not telling MIME:arser to clean up correctly. Here's my code:

$parser = new MIME:arser;
$parser->output_under("/tmp");
$parser->output_prefix("msg");
$parser->decode_headers(0);
$parser->extract_nested_messages(0);
$parser->extract_uuencode(1);
$parser->ignore_errors(1);

[...parsing...]

$parser->filer->purge;

I end up with hordes of /tmp/msg- directories. Did I miss a step here?
Does the output_under directive intentionally leave a copy there? I
was under the impression that purge should remove the directories.

Thanks,
Mike

afrinspray

Bump...