Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > XML::XSLT is no longer doing disable-output-escaping

XML::XSLT is no longer doing disable-output-escaping

rollin368@gmail.com

We have an XSL file that specifies disabling output escaping as
follows.

=====
<xsl:template match="parag"><P><xsl:value-of select="."
disable-output-escaping="yes"/></P></xsl:template>
=====

It used to work on our Linux servers, but no longer does! For example,
$#169;, the copyright symbol, is getting translated as the symbol when
we do not want it to.

We added DBD::Mysql recently but that is the one big change I am aware
of, besides a change to /etc/sysconfig/i18n.

The variable LANG is "en_US.UTF-8" as of now.

Is there another configuration that needs changing?

rollin368@gmail.com

I am finding that XML::XSLT will not escape © but DOES escape
–.

and example of this is the following...
==========
<parag>As hard as it was in the © Senate to pull together a
winning coalition on immigration reform,
getting to "yes" with the House – in a form that can again pass
both bodies – will be even tou
gher.</parag>
==========

Is there any way to prevent the – character from being escaped?

Dr.Ruud

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) schreef:

> I am finding that XML::XSLT will not escape © but DOES escape
> –.
>
> and example of this is the following...
> ==========
> <parag>As hard as it was in the © Senate to pull together a
> winning coalition on immigration reform,
> getting to "yes" with the House – in a form that can again pass
> both bodies – will be even tou
> gher.</parag>
> ==========
>
> Is there any way to prevent the – character from being escaped?

Did you also try with HTML-entities like "&copy;" and "&ndash;"?

--
Affijn, Ruud

"Gewoon is een tijger."

rollin368@gmail.com

It appears I have the same issue with a named entity reference like
&ndash.

In a Solaris system running XML::XSLT it seems to not have these
issues.
If I output as html a single byte entity such as © will not be
escapped but &ndash; is.

For text XSL is there a way to restrict the character set output and
have XML::XSLT do smart substitution?