Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Changing mouse pointer to "hourglass" while loading cgi-page in Internet Explorer

Changing mouse pointer to "hourglass" while loading cgi-page in Internet Explorer

sysadm

Hello *,

my Internet Explorer doesn't display the hourglass mouse pointer while
I wait for a cgi-page to finish loading. I'm using IE V6 SP2. Mozilla
works properly and shows that the appropriate mouse pointer.

Any ideas whether I could influence the displayed mouse pointer through
html or cgi programming.

Thank you in advance,

Greg

Bart Van der Donck

sysadm wrote:

> my Internet Explorer doesn't display the hourglass mouse pointer while
> I wait for a cgi-page to finish loading. I'm using IE V6 SP2. Mozilla
> works properly and shows that the appropriate mouse pointer.
>
> Any ideas whether I could influence the displayed mouse pointer through
> html or cgi programming.

Please note that this has nothing to do with Perl or CGI - it's just a
display method of the browser. The following computer code demonstrates
the prinicple in Microsoft Internet Explorer:

ch_cursor('wait');
setTimeout("ch_cursor('auto');", 2000);
function ch_cursor(cur) {
alert('Cursor is now: ' + cur);
mybody.style.cursor = cur;
}
</script>

You could invoke ch_cursor('wait') at the beginning of the loading and
ch_cursor('auto') when the loading is done.

Hope this helps,

--
Bart

sysadm