Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > JavaScript for User interaction.

JavaScript for User interaction.

Scamjunk

I am trying to build an web-interface for the users to access a
database, where the following features are to be provided :

1. allow the user to run a tool to generate some data from give input.
2. allow the users to generate or dynamically create (actually input
their choices) a query.

I have handled the first with some Perl code. I need to know something
for the second one.

i have buttons like "and", "or", "not", and a text box where the tables
and fields to be searched are entered by the user. What i actually need
it to do is:

after the user enters a data, it should be appended in a text area. the
user may click the buttons as many number of times as she wants, and it
should append it to the textarea. The text area may also be directly
accessed by the user, if she knows the query language being used. All
this should be done without doing a call-back to the server till the
validate button is clicked.

Is this doable and if so, do I need to use Javascript for getting the
user input in the manner mentione above? If so, could somebody guide me
on the Javascript, as I am totally illiterate in it and this needs to
be done asap. Please help. Any guidance is most welcome.

TIA,
Scam.

J. Gleixner

Scamjunk wrote:

> Is this doable and if so, do I need to use Javascript for getting the
> user input in the manner mentione above? If so, could somebody guide me
> on the Javascript, as I am totally illiterate in it and this needs to
> be done asap. Please help. Any guidance is most welcome.

Yes.

Search the Internet, using your favorite search engine, or post your
questions to a group about Javascript. If it needs to be done ASAP,
then hire someone.

xhoster@gmail.com

"Scamjunk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> after the user enters a data, it should be appended in a text area. the
> user may click the buttons as many number of times as she wants, and it
> should append it to the textarea. The text area may also be directly
> accessed by the user, if she knows the query language being used. All
> this should be done without doing a call-back to the server till the
> validate button is clicked.

From a Perl perspective, that last sentence is rather unfortunate.

> Is this doable and if so, do I need to use Javascript for getting the
> user input in the manner mentione above?

Probably, yes.

> If so, could somebody guide me
> on the Javascript,

Probably, but this is a Perl group, so it is less likely that someone will.

> as I am totally illiterate in it and this needs to
> be done asap. Please help. Any guidance is most welcome.

Check a javascript group. Perhaps a javascript jobs group.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB