Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Is it possible to open aa file for both input & output

Is it possible to open aa file for both input & output

pavan734@gmail.com

Hello,
Is it possible to open a file for both input and output so
that we can search for a pattern and replace with someother pattern in
the samefile without opening any intermediate file.

Jürgen Exner

> Is it possible to open a file for both input and output so
> that we can search for a pattern and replace with someother pattern in
> the samefile without opening any intermediate file.

A namesake of yours asked exactly the same question 27 minutes earlier
already.
I believe the answers he got would probably answer your question, too.

jue