Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Not used Hidden filed

Not used Hidden filed

perlistpaul

Hello,

I used Hidden filed to store the information and then send another form
for the user to put in, after everything is properly fill in. The user
will allow to submit.

How can I send data from one form to the other form without using
hidden field?
I can not store data in database till the user finish everything.

Any suggestion welcome,

Thank

Brian Wakem

perlistpaul wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I used Hidden filed to store the information and then send another form
> for the user to put in, after everything is properly fill in. The user
> will allow to submit.
>
> How can I send data from one form to the other form without using
> hidden field?
> I can not store data in database till the user finish everything.
>
> Any suggestion welcome,
>
> Thank

If you can't use a database or hidden fields then your only options are to
attempt to use cookies or put everything on one page.

This is nothing to do with Perl though, the answer would be the same if it
was written in any other language.

--
Brian Wakem

perlistpaul

It is the same for whatever programming to use, but I use Perl, I had
used Cookie but it seems not very good. I don't whether there is any
methods which is better then cookie?

xhoster@gmail.com

"perlistpaul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used Hidden filed to store the information and then send another form
> for the user to put in, after everything is properly fill in. The user
> will allow to submit.
>
> How can I send data from one form to the other form without using
> hidden field?

Does it have to go from form to form, or simply from CGI invocation
to CGI invocation? How about using non-hidden fields?

> I can not store data in database till the user finish everything.

Why not?

> Any suggestion welcome,

Tell whoever is making up these bizarre rules to do it themselves.
It sounds like you have a management problem, not a Perl (or any other
language) problem.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

why filed updates by elipse cannot be detected by ant david wolf Java 4 04-21-2006 07:19 PM
Right click option is not disabled in the Text filed in Netscape 4.7 Saravanan K Javascript 2 11-19-2004 03:31 PM
COMPLAINT FILED CITIZEN OF INDIA MCSE 30 07-02-2004 05:13 AM
How to Validate a Date Filed. RSB ASP .Net 6 05-21-2004 09:06 PM
application filed to initialize properly Patricia Kline ASP .Net 0 02-26-2004 10:33 PM

Advertisments