Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Events in Perl

Events in Perl

Tarscher

Hi all,

My Perl script should be able to send commands over tcp/ip and read
incomming data also over tcp/ip. The commands should be send
continiously but when an incomming package is detected certain code in
the script should be activated.

Someone has an idea how this is best handled?

Best regards
Stijn

David Squire

Tarscher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My Perl script should be able to send commands over tcp/ip and read
> incomming data also over tcp/ip. The commands should be send
> continiously but when an incomming package is detected certain code in
> the script should be activated.
>
> Someone has an idea how this is best handled?

I suggest that you go to http://search.cpan.org/ and search for tcp/ip.
This suggests several candidate modules that do the sorts of things you
want, such as Net::EasyTCP

DS