Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > making cgi-bin dir available to other domains as an alias

making cgi-bin dir available to other domains as an alias

kjhjhjhjadsasda@urbanhabit.com

Hi

I have a unix VPS hosting "domain.com" and "xx.domain.com", both have
their own account on the same VPS. Now, I want to make the cgi-bin dir
under domain.com to be mirrored for xx.domain.com. So any changes made
under domain.com's cgi-bin automatically is true for the cgi-bin under
xx.domain.com as well.

I think there is an alias feature that would do this, but not sure?

Thanks

David Squire

> Hi
>
> I have a unix VPS hosting "domain.com" and "xx.domain.com", both have
> their own account on the same VPS. Now, I want to make the cgi-bin dir
> under domain.com to be mirrored for xx.domain.com. So any changes made
> under domain.com's cgi-bin automatically is true for the cgi-bin under
> xx.domain.com as well.
>
> I think there is an alias feature that would do this, but not sure?

Try asking this question in a group that deals with web servers and
their configuration. This is a Perl group.

DS

Tad McClellan

> I have a unix VPS hosting "domain.com" and "xx.domain.com", both have
> their own account on the same VPS. Now, I want to make the cgi-bin dir
> under domain.com to be mirrored for xx.domain.com. So any changes made
> under domain.com's cgi-bin automatically is true for the cgi-bin under
> xx.domain.com as well.

You would do it the same way as when your CGI programs are written
in Python or Java or Visual Basic or all of the above.

That is, how you do that is not specific to any programming
language, so you are in the wrong newsgroup.

Try asking your web server configuration question in a newsgroup
about web servers, such as:

comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac
comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc
comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows