Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Convert windows path with space to 8.3 format ?

Convert windows path with space to 8.3 format ?

Random Task

How can I Convert windows path with spaces to 8.3 format from inside perl?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Paul Lalli

Random Task wrote:
> How can I Convert windows path with spaces to 8.3 format from inside perl?

With a substitute operation, the substr() function, and a counter
variable, I imagine.

If you make an attempt and post your code, there's a high probability
someone will be able to help you fix it if it doesn't work.

Before doing that however, I strongly suggest you read the Posting
Guidelines for this group, which are posted here twice a week.

Paul Lalli

Random Task

Paul Lalli wrote:
> Random Task wrote:
>> How can I Convert windows path with spaces to 8.3 format from inside perl?

> With a substitute operation, the substr() function, and a counter
> variable, I imagine.
>
> If you make an attempt and post your code, there's a high probability
> someone will be able to help you fix it if it doesn't work.
>
> Before doing that however, I strongly suggest you read the Posting
> Guidelines for this group, which are posted here twice a week.
>
> Paul Lalli

I am kind of assuming/hoping there is a perl module that can perfrom
this functionality ...

Thanks though for your info ... but its not quite what I am looking for.

Jim

ednotover@gmail.com

Random Task wrote:
> How can I Convert windows path with spaces to 8.3 format from inside perl?

See the doc for Win32::GetShortPathName().

http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl...Win32/Win32.pm

Ed

Random Task

Thanks kindly!!!!!!