Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Enquires Mail::Send - NewBie

Enquires Mail::Send - NewBie

Dolphin

Hi,

Where can I get the information such as example and howto for Mail:Send CPAN
module? I visited CPAN site but don't understand after reading.

Thanks in advance.

Bart Van der Donck

Dolphin wrote:

> Where can I get the information such as example and howto for Mail:Send CPAN
> module? I visited CPAN site but don't understand after reading.

Well, I'ld say there isn't much more to say about Mail::Send.

Here is a stripped example to play around with:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use Mail::Send;

my $msg = new Mail::Send;
$msg->to('(E-Mail Removed)');
$msg->subject('Lunch today ?');

# which mail program you want to use
my $fh = $msg->open('sendmail');

# print the body of the email
print $fh 'Lunch 12:30 in Café de Gare ?';

# close the mail
$fh->close;

But I think you would make a better choice by using Net::SMTP or a
classic pipe command to your favourite mail sending program.

--
Bart