Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Problems With mod_perl On Apache 2.0

Problems With mod_perl On Apache 2.0

Hal Vaughan

I'm using Apache 2.0 on Debian Linux. I've installed mod_perl and I can see
the links for perl.load and perl.conf in /etc/apache2/mods_enabled. My
perl.load is like this:

LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so

<Directory /var/www/perl >
SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
</Directory>

I've also tried "/perl" for the directory, but it makes no difference. At
this point I'm not doing anything fancy. I just need to test some scripts
that will later be uploaded to a server. At this point, I just need to get
it working on my own system quickly so I can get a few scripts tested (as
opposed to writing, uploading, testing, then editing, uploading...).

I've searched on this, but not found much helpful on it. When I point my
browser to http://localhost/perl/script, I get the source for the script.
If I add ".pl" to the script name and put that in the browser address bar,
Firefox tries to download the program.

Any help, info, or a link or two is much appreciated.

Hal

Ruey-Cheng Chen

You must be using mod_perl 2. Try add this into your <Directory>
directive:

PerlOptions +ParseHeaders

For more info check out
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user...gistry_Scripts