Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > mod_perl - Using mod_proxy in the response phase of apache?

mod_perl - Using mod_proxy in the response phase of apache?

fhscobey

Hi,
I'm trying to help out another group at my company by creating a simple
reverse-proxy interface for their application; they basically need a
way to have a password protected interface for a WAP application for
demonstration purposes. I was just going to leverage the custom
AuthHandler we wrote for their Basic_Auth needs, but I realized that
the Authentication phase of apache takes place after the Header and URI
translation phases. Is there a way I can utilize mod_proxy (via the
Perl module interface) in the response phase? Would I just be better
off writing a small LWP function to handle the proxy pass-thru to their
WAP app?

Thanks in advance,
- Jeff

Brian McCauley

fhscobey wrote:

> I'm trying to help out another group at my company by creating a simple
> reverse-proxy interface for their application; they basically need a
> way to have a password protected interface for a WAP application for
> demonstration purposes. I was just going to leverage the custom
> AuthHandler we wrote for their Basic_Auth needs, but I realized that
> the Authentication phase of apache takes place after the Header and URI
> translation phases. Is there a way I can utilize mod_proxy (via the
> Perl module interface) in the response phase? Would I just be better
> off writing a small LWP function to handle the proxy pass-thru to their
> WAP app?

You might be able to do it by generating an internal redirect to a
secret URL prefix which in turn is handled via mod_proxy. Just check
the responses to ensure the secret prefix doesn't leak out.

Note: I wouldn't suggest this trick for a production system but it's
probably OK for a demo if it works.

vhdl coding for five phase svpwm for 5 phase stepper motor Keerthana Hardware 0 03-24-2012 06:06 AM
4-phase vs. 2-phase handshaking Eli Bendersky VHDL 11 01-22-2008 02:26 PM
mod_perl installed, but mod_perl.so file not created bennett@peacefire.org Perl Misc 2 01-25-2006 10:53 PM
Rails with mod_proxy Aquila Ruby 1 05-07-2005 03:06 PM
IIS Reverse Proxy scipt (like mod_proxy) aspguru ASP General 2 11-19-2003 11:06 AM

Advertisments