Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Noob! Help required and would be really appreciated!

Noob! Help required and would be really appreciated!

Tad McClellan

Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> trolled:
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > To the others ahead, im sorry if I offended you, i didnt read the
> > guidelines before posting.

> That is perfectly OK, maybe you did not know about the guidelines.

> However, most of us are expecting that you would go find them
> after having been told about them.

No, not "most of us." You don't represent "most of us." You
represent yourself, your mother, and about half a dozen of her cats.

> Did you do that?

I guess that is none of your bloody business, isn't it?

> It doesn't look like it, since you haven't turned on warnings and
> strict, nor have you shown us your data.

Bugger off, troll. Nobody has to do what an anal little turd like
you suggests. You don't have a majority of posters behind you. You
have a tiny clique of anals at best.

Bugger off.

cordially, as always,

rm

Jürgen Exner

Ronald Matthews wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) trolled:
>> To the others ahead, im sorry if I offended you, i didnt read the
>> guidelines before posting.

> You don't have to read the guidelines.

That's true. But then why would you want to deliberately reduce your chances
of someone actually reading your post to virtually nil? Yes, you do have the
right to shoot yourself in the foot. But it doesn't exactly transpire
smartness.

> The guidelines are the work
> of a small, but very anal clique, who speaks for only a tiny
> minority of posters in this forum.

A few years ago there were weekly posting statistics. Too bad that they have
stopped. Then probably you would have noticed that this "small clique"
probably accounts for more than 80% of postings.

> In any case, never apologize to
> trolls.

Darn, you just got me.

jue

Uri Guttman

RM> (E-Mail Removed) trolled:
>> To the others ahead, im sorry if I offended you, i didnt read the
>> guidelines before posting.

RM> You don't have to read the guidelines. The guidelines are the work
RM> of a small, but very anal clique, who speaks for only a tiny
RM> minority of posters in this forum. In any case, never apologize to
RM> trolls.

and you obviously haven't read it. you quoted the entire post without
editing it. but better you didn't even make one comment on his code or
question. so helpful you non-anal cabal member you! i am sure you won
over this newbie with your heartfelt comment and advice. notice how he
responded to you and took your advice. he actually apologized for not
reading the guidelines, he is posting real code that we can run and
review. he is getting help from the cabal. so where do you fit in to
this picture? nowhere it seems. so i say the cabal should take a vote
and decide to have tony soprano make you sleep wid da fishes.

uri

Uri Guttman

TM> Bugger off, troll. Nobody has to do what an anal little turd like
TM> you suggests. You don't have a majority of posters behind you. You
TM> have a tiny clique of anals at best.

TM> Bugger off.

TM> cordially, as always,

TM> rm

the day you actually help someone with their perl code is the day you
can make any comments on how this group is run. until then (and likely
even beyond) you are a known troll and worse. this trival aliasing of
tad's name (and you even sign it with your initials) is not going to do
any good. so why waste your time trying? just leave and find some other
place to annoy.

uri

Tad McClellan

Jürgen Exner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ronald Matthews wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) trolled:
>>> To the others ahead, im sorry if I offended you, i didnt read the
>>> guidelines before posting.

>> You don't have to read the guidelines.

> That's true. But then why would you want to deliberately reduce your chances
> of someone actually reading your post to virtually nil?

Because it doesn't ask questions about Perl that it wants answered.

I've never seen a post from it here discussing Perl.

>> The guidelines are the work
>> of a small, but very anal clique, who speaks for only a tiny
>> minority of posters in this forum.

The guidelines are a collaboration of an extensive discussion
held right here in this newsgroup.

*Anyone* could, and did, participate.

We even incorporated some changes that were suggested by a different troll!

>> In any case, never apologize to
>> trolls.

That isn't the rule.

The rule is:

Please don't feed the troll!

> Darn, you just got me.

Me too.

We really must do a better job at doing the Right Thing...

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming

J?rgen Exner

"J?rgen Exner" <(E-Mail Removed)> trolled:
> Ronald Matthews wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) trolled:

> >> To the others ahead, im sorry if I offended you, i didnt read
> >> the guidelines before posting.

> > You don't have to read the guidelines.

> That's true. But then why would you want to deliberately reduce
> your chances of someone actually reading your post to virtually
> nil? Yes, you do have the right to shoot yourself in the foot. But
> it doesn't exactly transpire smartness.

Nope. The only people who might avoid your posting are a very small
clique of anals with questionable advice in any case.

> > The guidelines are the work of a small, but very anal clique,
> > who speaks for only a tiny minority of posters in this forum.

> A few years ago there were weekly posting statistics. Too bad that
> they have stopped. Then probably you would have noticed that this
> "small clique" probably accounts for more than 80% of postings.

A few years ago? You managed to chase real posters off, eh? But
they're back, in numbers, and the anals who posted the weekly
statistics stopped doing it because their names no longer appeared
amongst the leaders.

> > In any case, never apologize to trolls.

> Darn, you just got me.

Yep.

cordially, as always,

rm

Uri Guttman

Uri Guttman <(E-Mail Removed)> trolled:

> and you obviously haven't read it. you quoted the entire post
> without editing it. but better you didn't even make one comment on
> his code or question. so helpful you non-anal cabal member you! i
> am sure you won over this newbie with your heartfelt comment and
> advice. notice how he

Blah, blah, blah.

> responded to you and took your advice. he actually apologized for
> not reading the guidelines, he is posting real code that we can
> run and review. he is getting help from the cabal. so where do you

Who is "we?" Where on earth did you get the idea that you speak for
the small anal clique?

> fit in to this picture? nowhere it seems. so i say the cabal
> should take a vote and decide to have tony soprano make you sleep
> wid da fishes.

Um, sorry to dissolve your illusions, but Tony Soprano is fiction.

So is Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

cordially, as always,

rm

Uri Guttman

Uri Guttman <(E-Mail Removed)> trolled:

> the day you actually help someone with their perl code is the day you
> can make any comments on how this group is run.

This group is run? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, sweetie, but if this group was "run" right, you and the other
small clique wouldn't see your messages posted. You would be "run"
right out of the group.

You _don't_ speak for the other anals.

cordially, as always,

rm

Tad McLellan

Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> trolled:

> The guidelines are a collaboration of an extensive discussion held
> right here in this newsgroup.

An extensive discussion by a bunch of self-important anals who
somehow think they have the right to dictate to others how to post.

> *Anyone* could, and did, participate.

Real usenet pros would not participate in your Gestapo meeting.

> We even incorporated some changes that were suggested by a
> different troll!

All your "changes" were suggested by trolls.

You have absolutely _no_ right to tell others how to post.

cordially, as always,

rm

David H. Adler

On 2006-03-03, Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> trolled:

s/augustmail.com/RReett.org/

Is this the new fun on usenet for unpleasant people? Using the names of
the people they're mindlessly ripping into?

Is that supposed to be "really showing them!"?

I don't get it. Oh well, I guess I'll just go back to Perl...

dha

--
David H. Adler - <(E-Mail Removed)> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Hat! Hat! Hat! - (E-Mail Removed)